Virtual mobility at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in winter semester 2021/22
Are you interested in taking part in an online course at the KU Leuven (Belgium) in the upcoming winter semester of 2021/22?Then send us your expression of interest by 15 August 2021 at the latest.
On this website, you will find a list of the online courses offered and instructions on how to apply for them.
As part of the newly founded European higher education alliance "Una Europa", which aims to intensify cooperation in the field of study and teaching, Freie Universität Berlin is participating in the joint project "Online Pedagogical Resources for European Universities" (OpenU). In the OpenU pilot project "Virtual student journeys", we would like to give students of Freie Universität Berlin the opportunity to digitally participate in a series of online courses that will be offered at KU Leuven in the upcoming winter semester 2021/22.
Please refer to the specific course descriptions for the exact course information. You can earn ECTS credits for all courses on offer.
Start of the lecture period: 27 September 2021
End of the lecture period: 5 February 2022
Up to 5 students can attend each course free of charge. Your expressions of interest will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To participate, you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Enrolment in a Master's programme at the FUB
- Proof of your English proficiency(if you are enrolled in an English-language Master's degree, the proof requirement does not apply):
- advanced intermediate level: GER B2 / TOEFL: total score 72-94 / IELTS: band score 5.0-6.5
- advanced level: GER C1 / TOEFL: total score > 100 / IELTS: band score > 7.0-7.5 / CPE: Grade B / ITACE: C1 level
- In order to be able to take the courses at KU Leuven, you must create a Learning Agreement. This also serves to ensure the recognition of the courses successfully completed. For the recognition of the ECTS credits obtained in the courses (Table B), please contact directly your respective contact person for the recognition of credits obtained abroad, which you can find here: https://www.fu-berlin.de/studium/international/studium_ausland/Anerkennung_Studienleistungen/
How to apply?
If you are interested in participating in one or more courses, please write an email to email@example.com with the following information by 15 August 2021 at the latest:
- FU e-mail address
- Names of the online courses you would like to attend (course number if applicable).
- English proficiency: B2, B2 to C1, or C1 (proof required upon registration at KU Leuven).
- a scanned copy of your current enrolment certificate
In the next step, we will organise your participation in the course(s). We would be very pleased if you would consider taking up this offer.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
Universitätsbibliothek | Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS)
Freie Universität Berlin
14195 Berlin (Germany)
- Virtual mobility, virtual stay abroad, Una Europa, KU Leuven